As you are aware there has been a lot of information circulating and free offers from suppliers/contractors to support schools at this difficult time.
Now that most schools are closed Medway Education Services has created a central forum hub where all this information can be accessed quickly and schools can discuss, ask questions and make suggestions on the methods and resources available. I will be monitoring this forum regularly and providing updates as we move forward. You are of course very welcome to contact me directly and especially for those schools that may need a Gsuite account.
The areas we are presently focusing on are:
3. Independent Schools Council Digital Strategy Group
4. Century Learning Platform
5. CoVue telephone conferencing
7. Curriculum Content including the new Free Audio Books from Audible
8. National Cyber Security (NCS) “Home working: preparing your organisation and staff”
9. London Grid for Learning Guidance and Support for home learning
You can access this new forum hub by logging onto Medway Education Services. Then selecting the “Communication” tab followed by “Groups” arrow Then look for “COVID and distance learning solutions for schools” forum at the end of the page. Once inside the forum you can create new topics or go to my topic “Updates from the Medway ICT Commissioner” and then read, ask questions by posting or downloading documents.
Marc Dermody |Schools’ ICT Commissioner | Education | Medway Council | Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, ME4 4TR (SatNav ME4 4TX)
Direct Dial: 01634 338558 | Web: http://www.educationservicesmedway.org.uk/