In this issue:
· Autumn school census 2017
· SLA Online purchases: September 2017 – August 2018
· New Eating Disorder Service for Kent and Medway Council
· Bradfields Specialist Support Service
· Language skills - a new career opportunity?
· Take part in an archaeological dig at Fort Amherst
· Discover what the archaeologists uncovered at Fort Amherst
· A bonus Perfect Packed Lunch
· Calling all kings and queens of the kitchen
· Getting Medway's Young Citizens Involved in the Community
· MasterChef star supports Kent Cooks
· Walk to school month - ‘Hedgehog Hike Challenge’
· Schools and Family Project with The Historic Dockyard Chatham
· Walk to school month - The Social Netwalk
· School Challenge and Improvement Team (SCIT) training: updated cancellation and walk-in policy
· *New course* Autumn finance meetings for schools and academies
· KS2 question level analysis using Analysing School Performance (ASP)
· Free CPD event for middle leaders
· Securing Outcomes: effective teaching – new to year 2
· Securing Outcomes: effective teaching – new to year 6
· Securing Outcomes: effective teachers – writing
· Securing Outcomes: effective leadership – new subject leaders
· Securing Outcomes: effective teachers – new to teaching (Primary NQTs)
· Securing Outcomes: effective teachers – reading
· The Mindful Workplace – Introduction to Mindfulness for school staff
· Effective leadership – advanced
· Effective grammar teaching
· The Power of Reading
· CIEH Level 2 award in food safety training
SLA Online - packages and services for 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2018
Packages and services for the period 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2018 are now available for purchase via the SLA Online system.
To ensure that we are able to deliver your requirements from 1 September, please can you place your orders no later than close of business on 21 July 2017.
Please note that there are no new packages available for the following services, as the packages previously available are still current:
· SIMS – current package runs from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
· The Key – current package runs from 1 Apr 2017 to 31 August 2018
If you haven’t purchased The Key for the current year and still wish to, then please don’t hesitate to contact us. NB: AASSA support packages for Sept 2017 – Aug 2018 have previously been agreed by schools, and therefore no packages appear in the brochure.
If you have any queries about the 2017/18 buyback process please don’t hesitate to contact:
SLA Online 'Groups' AKA School forums/resources
Instructions for school business managers and finance officers to set up school staff so that they can access 'Groups' AKA School Forums.
Also attached is a guide to access the resources section on SLA Online (page 2 of guide to accessing forums)
Upgrades to SLA Online
Frontline Data, our software development partners, have recently made some changes to SLA Online, these are particularly visible in the Training area. Very soon we will be making further changes which will affect all users. Ahead of this I will provide a guide showing what the changes are, how they affect your school/service, and any changes to your responsibilities. To help users with these changes, Frontline Data have also published several more "How to.." guides in the Knowledge Base. This is a really good place to find out more about SLA Online and its potential. To access the Knowledge Base, click on the question mark at the top right hand corner of the screen.
Early Help Bulletin - Autumn 2017
Please find via downloads Early Help Bulletin - Autumn 2017