The team provide specialist advice and support to educational premises on all health and safety matters ensuring compliance with the law and reducing the risk of injury to staff, pupils and visitors.
Some of the wide range of services we offer are:
• Telephone advice and support including advance notice regarding current and forthcoming legislative requirements for health and safety management.
• Access to the electronic toolkit and full health and safety management system, ‘Safegard’, which provides user-friendly checklists, draft policy templates, along with sample risk assessments to assist the risk management process.
• Access to ‘Evolve’ off-site visit approvals, including administration/support with the system (issuing passwords and assisting with input queries). Direct liaison with the accredited Outdoor Education Consultant on behalf of the school/academy.
• Provision of advice and guidance to schools/academies on accident/incident investigations. Direct involvement as appropriate.
• Biannual newsletters providing summary guidance around trends and best practice, interpretation and practical application advice.
• Advice and guidance on the day to day management of buildings including asbestos management, water safety and general maintenance together with advice on how to manage the Health and Safety of external contractors.
• Assistance with any Health and Safety Executive (HSE) investigation.
• Attendance at meetings on behalf of a school/academy with enforcing authorities such as the Fire Service, Environment Agency and the HSE (limited to one visit per enforcing authority per year.)
Academies receive all of the above with the exception of the final two points (Provision of accident books... and Carry out two yearly radiation...) which are not included in the basic package as detailed above but are available as separate packages in A and B.